Merrill Iowa Home Page
Merrill cement swimming pool (1935 photo)
SPRING CLEAN-UP MERRILL RESIDENTS ONLY!
SATURDAY MAY 7th, 2016
All Spring Clean-up materials
will be picked up at your regular pickup site.
Things to be picked up:
*Garage and Home Clean-up
Things NOT picked up:
*Building, Remodeling materials
*Automotive parts (tires, batteries, etc.)
*Concrete or steel/iron
*Yard Waste, tree branches
*Oil, yard chemicals, wet paints, etc.
O. C. SANITATION
The Library has installed software that lets you
look up books online. It works pretty well.
Click here to check it out!
Legion FRIDAY NIGHT EUCHRE
Fri, May 13, 7:30pm – 11:30pm
Where Kissinger Center, Main Street, Merrill
The OLESON-HALWEG POST 125 2016 Events and
AVENUE OF FLAGS ROSTER can be reviewed by clicking here. (bottom part of page)
Come join us at the Merrill Public Library
for a cup of coffee Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
MONDAYS & WEDNESDAYS 1:30PM ‘TIL 5:00PM
TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS 6:00PM ‘TIL 8:00PM
FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS 9:00AM ‘TIL NOON
5TH STREET PUNCH LIST OF NEEDED REPAIRS - WILL BE CHECKED OFF HERE AS REPAIRS ARE COMPLETED
EVERYONE: PLEASE CLICK HERE TO CONTACT A CITY REPRESENTATIVE IF WE HAVE MISSED A DEFECT IN THE YEAR OLD 5TH STREET PAVING, SIDEWALKS, OR DRIVEWAYS ONLY.
1. (X) PROPERTY PINS ON WEST SIDE OF STREET MISSING
2. (X) 815 5TH ST UNEVEN SIDEWALK SLAB
3. ( NA ) 800 5TH ST CRACK IN SIDEWALK TO FRONT DOOR
4. ( NA ) 721 5TH ST CRACK
5. ( NA ) DRIVEWAY CATHOLIC CHURCH
6. ( NA ) 5TH & CENTER SE CORNER SOIL SINK HOLE BY FIREPLUG AT CATHOLIC CHURCH
7. ( NA ) 5TH & CENTER CRACK CURB
8. ( NA ) 435 5TH ST CRACK
9. (X) 401 5TH ST UNEVEN SIDEWALK SLAB
10. ( NA ) 5TH & MAIN EAST PEDESTRIAN APPROACH & CENTER LINE OF STREET
11. (X) 435 MAIN WIRE STICKING UP IN CEMENT AND REBAR IN GRASS
12. ( NA ) CENTER STREET EAST
13. ( NA ) 634 5TH ST CRACKS
14. (X) 800-826 5TH UNEVEN SIDEWALK SLAB
15. ( NA ) FOWLER & 5TH NE CORNER UNEVEN
16.- ? ( NA ) REINFORCED DRIVEWAYS REPLACED WITH UNREINFORCED NEW PROJECT DRIVEWAYS
17. (X) 801 5th Sinking sidewalk at crossing.
18. ( NA ) 801 5th Lake at corner after rain.
CITY DUMP Open Wednesdays and Saturdays
2ND & 4TH THURSDAYS
GARBAGE IS PICKED UP FIRST
RECYCLING IS PICKED UP ON A
BE SURE GARBAGE CANS ARE NOT FULL OF WATER. THEY CANNOT BE PICKED UP IF THEY HAVE WATER IN THEM.
City Dump Rules
you know Wilbor?**
Merrill library card holders have access to many eBooks and audio books from
Go talk to your Merrill librarian to get signed up.
Water Test Results
Merrill Based FaceBook
Do you have
an item you want announced?
Please submit it to me.
Also please check name spellings and don't forget the date.
I could also make use of more
pictures of early Merrill.
A large recycling dumpster is 1 block south
of Prairie State Bank. Please place RECYCLABLE items
blue dumpster just south of town quonset building.