Merrill Iowa Home Page
Merrill cement swimming pool (1935 photo)
click the box above for weather details
City election will be Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Candidate papers must be filed with the Auditor’s Office beginning August 24 through Thursday, September 17th by 5:00 pm.
Papers are available at City Hall, the Auditor’s Office or at
There are four seats open in Merrill.
Mayor, which is a 2 year term
3 Councilpersons, which are 4 year terms.
The Council meets the third Monday each month at 7:00 pm
Special meetings are called as needed.
Compensation is $25 per meeting.
To hold office in a city, a candidate must be an eligible elector. To be an eligible elector, the candidate must meet the same qualifications required to vote and be a resident of the city he or she plans to serve.
THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY
All Veterans coffee in the Legion Room at 10 the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
The OLESON-HALWEG POST 125
AVENUE OF FLAGS ROSTER can be reviewed by clicking here.
Come join us at the Merrill Public Library
for a cup of coffee.
Monday and Wednesday from 1:30 - 5:00
and Friday from 9:00 until noon.
5TH STREET PUNCH LIST OF NEEDED REPAIRS - WILL BE CHECKED OFF HERE AS REPAIRS ARE COMPLETED
EVERYONE: PLEASE CLICK HERE TO CONTACT A CITY REPRESENTATIVE IF WE HAVE MISSED A DEFECT IN THE YEAR OLD 5TH STREET PAVING, SIDEWALKS, OR DRIVEWAYS ONLY.
1. ( Some done ) PROPERTY PINS ON WEST SIDE OF STREET MISSING
2. ( X ) 815 5TH ST UNEVEN SIDEWALK SLAB
3. ( NA ) 800 5TH ST CRACK IN SIDEWALK TO FRONT DOOR
4. ( NA ) 721 5TH ST CRACK
5. ( NA ) DRIVEWAY CATHOLIC CHURCH
6. ( NA ) 5TH & CENTER SE CORNER SOIL SINK HOLE BY FIREPLUG AT CATHOLIC CHURCH
7. ( NA ) 5TH & CENTER CRACK CURB
8. ( NA ) 435 5TH ST CRACK
9. (Done) 401 5TH ST UNEVEN SIDEWALK SLAB
10. ( NA ) 5TH & MAIN EAST PEDESTRIAN APPROACH & CENTER LINE OF STREET
11. (Done) 435 MAIN WIRE STICKING UP IN CEMENT AND REBAR IN GRASS
12. ( NA ) CENTER STREET EAST
13. ( NA ) 634 5TH ST CRACKS
14. (Done) 800-826 5TH UNEVEN SIDEWALK SLAB
15. ( NA ) FOWLER & 5TH NE CORNER UNEVEN
16.- ? ( NA ) REINFORCED DRIVEWAYS REPLACED WITH UNREINFORCED NEW PROJECT DRIVEWAYS
17. (Done) 801 5th Sinking sidewalk at crossing.
18. ( NA ) 801 5th Lake at corner after rain.
CITY DUMP Open Wednesdays and Saturdays
2ND & 4TH THURSDAYS
GARBAGE IS PICKED UP FIRST
RECYCLING IS PICKED UP ON A
BE SURE GARBAGE CANS ARE NOT FULL OF WATER. THEY CANNOT BE PICKED UP IF THEY HAVE WATER IN THEM.
Merrill Vet's Memorial (coming soon)
City Dump Rules
you know Wilbor?**
Merrill library card holders have access to many eBooks and audio books from
Go talk to your Merrill librarian to get signed up.
Merrill Based FaceBook
Do you have
an item you want announced?
Please submit it to me.
Also please check name spellings and don't forget the date.
I could also make use of more
pictures of early Merrill.
A large recycling dumpster is 1/2 block south
of Prairie State Bank. Please place RECYCLABLE items
blue dumpster just south of town maintenance building.